Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Blast 2 d' Past

I don't know maybe it's the fact that the newly 21 sheen has finally worn off or that these days seem especially ripe for being contemplative... but I've been thinking of my childhood lately...

Go on try it! Close your eyes and think! when you were 5 in kindergarten and that fat kid kicked sand into your face... ok ok bad one.. "catching?" remember that one? as a kid I was never fast.. but I sure as hell was smart... I went with the if you cant find me you can't catch me approach.. which often was met by "Yer you're cheating lah!" but I knew I wasn't... and they were just jealous that I was better! Hmph!

Sure was magical wasn't it... I mean when they say, "all kids need, are their imagination" they sure mean it...

I was never a very adventurous kid.. and I lived on a hill... a very steep hill... it was scary to go outside... We had a common park but it was a walks down and my mum never let me go alone... so yeah... didn't really have that big a social circle but I didn't need one...Oh I know what you're thinking! but you're wrong! I so did not have an imaginary friend.. but... I had imagination all right!

I remember one of the first things I had was this mug with Michael Jackson's face! and I thought that all you needed was long twirly hair on your forehead and being able to spin on one foot to be him... never really got the whole fact that he sang... 

So yes whenever my hair would grow "just long enough" there I'd go wetting that bit of hair... twirling it in my finger admiring myself in the mirror... and then I'd stand ready.. going over the motions in my head.. a few false starts and then the kick off! knowing that it was too late to turn back I'd swing the momentum of my body all the way around completing the awesomestest dance move ever! and man was it a high! that dizzy feeling you get as the whole world wobbles around you as your throat chuckles,  mind racing to the grand stage where millions of fans adore you and MJ at your side asks you show him how its done..

So try it sometime close your eyes think of a memory and ride it all the way... what you were wearing... what the air smelt like... the sound of your mum cooking in the back... the noise as your neighbour's honda pulls into the driveway.. to a time more magical

Here's the song that the name of my blog came from.. you might hate it... well actually I think I have sold my soul to this man and listen to it enough and you'll like it too.. also reduce the volume it's pretty loud


I have a picture I've been meaning to post and I'll probably do it late today

No comments: