Sunday, February 27, 2011

Music'd!

There's this line in the movie "An Education" which has an actress who I think is gorgeous, Carey Mulligan and is a good movie to boot... I'm recalling this from memory so I may be paraphrasing a bit:

Jenny: How do you know it's a good piece of art? What makes it good?

Danny: Well you just know. Deep inside, inside your gut, you just know. Some people say that's the first step but they're wrong that's the whole point!

Man does this sum things up well for me. When I listen to music, say two equally invigorating piece of songs, I just know if I like one and not the other. There's no reason, there's no why.. I just know! This is especially true for a lot of the ambient noise side of things that I have been listening to. Like now I'm listening to 'Twift Shoeblade' by Mouse on Mars, a smile just crept up on my face!


Two other songs off the top of my head are 'Green Knight by Memory Tapes. This is kinda happy and not really ambient


and 'There is a Number of Small Things' by Mum. This is what living in those twirly carousel things above baby cribs would sound like


Who knows? Maybe that in a few years, I'll hate all of them but for now they're incredible!

Awesomesauce! .... nah that's never gonna work as a tag line