Friday, February 11, 2011

Drawn'd

Haven been drawing at all.. but was on the train the other day and started sketching.. well it came out horribly... but today i was thinking bout Valentines and how for the past couple of years it's always been a time for my art to flourish... this year I did it on a significantly less grander scale.. man did I kick this out fast... took me what half an hour at 3am? but I really like this for a few reasons:

1. It's Free: I've had this problems that my drawings always seem immobile.. like something etched into the stone.. it may be nice but it's always rigid... this drawing has its flaws but i think it's so messy that it's actually liberating!

I flicked the sharpie.. crosshexed with the felts... stabbed with inaccurate lines with my red pen.. it didnt come out as clean as I wanted but I think that, it's specifically this reason that I felt it broke my shackles...

2. Something bout the light and darkness if you notice the far side of the face is far more filled with sharpie's cross hexes and the like and the foreground even the pupil is white.. I tried to deliberately cast a distinctive color difference and I think it turned out well! might use it in future pictures

You know there's actually something very unsettling about the face if you cover each side of the face it looks like two different expressions.. huh go figure.. also I do admit she does look like a man a bit i think it's the cheek bones and the chin.. arghh that chin.. 

Also I should really sign my drawings even the shitty ones!

No comments: