Saturday, January 22, 2011

Drawn'd

After a crazy long hiatus of not drawing I found Ashley Wood's blog and man I love the freedom the guy has in his drawings...

A bit of history, I never liked abstract art because well its too abstract... haha yeah I know I'm your regular William Blake when it comes to inventive wordplay... nway I first saw Ashley's work (is it ok if I call you Ashley?) when a friend loaned me "Zombies vs Robots"... it's a graphic novel btw... I thought his work was good but it was all oil paintings... and the downfall of being a medical student is that I simply don't have the luxury for something so resource and time intensive...

When I came upon his blog however he had been doing these one drawing a day things.. and they were amazing! there was so much freedom in what he did.. he drew figures but it was soo free almost masaaki yuasa in Mind Game but with enough detail that I actually like the art and not just appreciated it.. so I snatched a picture and copied it..

It's what I do.. not trace but just use the picture as a reference and insert my own style of drawing into it... but when I was done with it I noticed something... I got the perspective of the figure wrong.. although his pen sketches seem blasé it's really with a lot of experience backing it... amazing really

nway this is what I came up with... not perfect.. but its a start... also yeah near the end I kind of got lazy and I went over the feet with a wire-frame again..man I suck at drawing feet and hands

Enjoy

No comments: